Download Zip File
1. Bromheads Jacket - Where (Marquis Cha Cha)
Bromheads Jacket return with a brand new album and a much harder sound. While last years "Dits From The Commuter Belt" album was full of top tunes and was generally quite agreeable the new record "On The Brain" tries its hardest to be a great dirty scuzzmonkey of a record and in that it definitely succeeds. If you can't decide what to buy this week you could do a lot worse than this.
28th September - Brighton, Engine Rooms
29th September - Oxford, Academy
30th September - Portsmouth, Wedgwood Rooms
1st October - Southampton, Orange Rooms
2nd October - Kingston, New Slang @ McLuskys
3rd October - Hitchin - Remix
4th October - Sheffield, Foundry
5th October - Wakefield, Escobar
6th October - Nottingham, Stealth
8th October - Manchester, Academy 3
9th October - Bristol, Cooler
10th October - Winchester, Tower Arts Centre
11th October - Barnstaple, Inn On The Square
12th October - Exeter, Cavern
13th October - London, Kings
15th October - Stoke, Sugermill
16th October - Leicester, Charlotte
17th October - Leeds, Cockpit
18th October - York, Fibbers
19th October - Aberdeen, Moshulu
20th October - Glasgow, King Tuts
21st October - Sunderland, Independent
2. Eulogies - Two Can Play (Dangerbird)
Taken from the new EP "Tempted To Do Nothing" which will be available from 7th October. The bands debut album "Here Anonymous" will be out early next year.
3. Born Ruffians - Coldness Hot (Warp) Taken from the "Little Garcon" EP which comes in all kinds of wonderful formats such as a double 7" set which is limited to 200 copy's worldwide and comprises of one blue record and one yellow record, on top of that there is a rather nice remix 12" which I would encourage you to track down cos it might be worth a few quid in years to come. If you are unfortunate enough to live in the UK you can also get the lot as a digital bundle.
4. Electrixx & Codename - Five Million Dollar (Original Mix) (EXX)
This is quite frankly excellent. Taken from the "Five Million Rulez" EP.
5. The Golden Hand Before God Conducts Incredible Magic Band & The Spirits - Blood Of November (Pop Echo) Now that's what I call a band name. No less than sixty characters long. I was actually hoping that the music would be crap so that I wouldn't have to type it but as it turns out they sound bloody good. This track comes from the bands debut album "Here".
6. Hello Saferide - 2008 (Razzia)
Taken from the album "More Modern Short Stories".
7. Shiloe - Gone (New & Used)
This is a track from from an EP called "...And Now The Screaming Starts" which will be released on 14th October.
8. The Legends - Seconds Away (Labrador) If I had such a thing as a track of the week this would be a very strong contender. This is a track from the new single which will be available from 5th November.
9. Gang Gang Dance - First Communion (Warp)
Taken from the new album "Saint Dymphna". According to the Warp Records web site the band will be playing just the one UK gig this year. This will take place at London, ULU on Saturday 11th October and will set you back a mere £11.
10. Slaraffenland - I'm A Machine (Rumracket)
This is the lead track from the Copenhagen bands new EP "Sunshine".
11. Rusko - Biggest Chopper (White Label)
I'm just loving the sounds on this one. I like the way it starts of as a pretty standard reggae track (John Holt) and then degenerates into some pretty evil dub. Top stuff. I'm not sure if this is going to see a proper release but there are some white labels knocking about...HERE for example.
12. The Art Goblins - Anti Gravity (Self Released)
The Art Goblins are some kind of Art Brut side project. I actually hope it becomes more than that because the tracks which have been made available so far have been totally excellent and none more so than this one. Oooo that Eddie Argos, leading the kids astray.
13. Velocity Girl - Crazy Town (Sub Pop)
Taken from the 1993 album "Coppercetic"
14. Los Campesinos - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed (Wichita) This is the title track from the new album which will be available from 27th October. You might want to be a bit quick on your toes with this one because there is only going to be one run of CD's and then that's it, you'll have to trawl E-Bay to find a copy.
Don't forget Los Campesinos are soon to be involved in the "Shred Yr Face" tour which will see them playing all over the place with the mighty No Age who I'm really looking forward to seeing and also the brilliant Times New Viking. This tour could well be the highlight of the year and you should make every effort to get to at least one of the dates and save yourself years of regret, unlike Mr Vincent who has decided to go on holiday when the Leeds gig takes place.
Of course I could never condone the illegal recording of any of the performances... but I will,so if anyone does decide to record a show please get in touch with me. I'd love to get one of these shows on this site.
There is now a Shred Yr Face Tour website which promises to be quite productive over the next couple of months.
October 14th - Brighton, Komedia
October 15th - Liverpool, Academy 2
October 16th - Leeds, Irish Center
October 17th - Dublin, Whelans
October 18th - Glasgow, School Of Arts
October 20th - London, Electric Ballroom
October 21st - Bristol, Fleece
October 22nd - Manchester, Academy 3
15. Dartz - What Happens To Places Where Spaces Should Be (Extra Mile) This is a track from the new mini album "The Sad History Of The Village Of Alnerique".