Sunday, December 30, 2007
So to the final playlist of 2007. Many thanks to all of you who have been in touch with your votes and suggestions for the tracks which should be included in this. Originally I was just going to go with a top twenty but it soon became clear that ould be almost impossible. Getting the list down to thirty was painful enough. I've included as many of your votes as possible and the playlist is in a rough order according to those tracks which gained multiple votes. I have however deviated slightly and included a few of my favorites here and there but I think the overall effect is pretty much representative of the year although I would have liked to see a bit more electronic stuff and maybe some reggae in there.
1. Wild Billy Childish & The Musicians Of The British Empire - Joe Strummers Grave (Damaged Goods) Taken fro the album “Punk Rock At The British Legion Hall” Buy Here
2. Sister Vanilla - K To Be Lost (Chemikal Underground) Taken From the album “Little Pop Rock”. Buy Here
3. Air Formation - I Can’t Remember Waking Up (Club AC30) Taken from the album “Daylight Storms”. Buy Here
4. Fuck Buttons - Sweet Love For Planet Earth (Download)
5. Tilly & The Wall - The Freest Man (Moshi Moshi) 7″ single. Buy Here
6. Amusement Parks On Fire - A Star Is Born (V2) Taken from one of the finest 12″ ep’s of the year. Buy Here
7. Von Sudenfed - The Rhinohead (Domino) Taken from the album “Tromatic Reflexxions”. The first of two appearances by Mark E Smith in this years finest list. Buy Here
8. Gravenhurst - Trust (Warp) Great single from back in the summer. It also appeared on the brilliant “Western Lands” album which if you don’t have is well worth the price of admission. Buy Here
9. The Orb - Vuja De (Butterfly) I know my mate Vince will approve of this one. The album is called “The Dream” which regular listeners to this program will be well aware. It was released earlier this year in Japan, thus it’s qualification for inclusion here. It will finally be released in the UK on 18th February through Butterfly Records. Buy Here
10. Lovvers - Near Enough For Jazz (Jonson Family) 7″ single.
11. The Courteeners - Cavorting (Loog) Currently been touted by the music press as one of the bands to watch in 2008. Buy Here
12. The Fall - Over Over (Slogan) What can you say….an end of year list without The “Mighty” Fall would be quite pointless. Taken from this years album “Reformation Post TLC”. Buy Here
13. Los Campesinos - The International Tweexcore Underground (Wichita) Another band who are getting quite a bit of press coverage at the moment. Buy Here
14. Camera Obscura - If Looks Could Kill (Elefant) Lead track from their “If Looks Could Kill” ep. Buy Here
15. Hadouken - That Boy, That Girl (Kitsune) 7″ single
16. Tall Pony - I’m Your Boyfriend Now (Cherryade) Great single. I’m looking forward to hearing more from this lot in 2008. Buy Here
17. My Teenage Stride - To Live & Die In The Airport Lounge (Becalmed) One of the greatest pop moments of the year. The album is called “Ears Like Golden Bats” and never fails to cheer me up. Buy Here
18. Cut City - Ashes Like Millions (GSL) Taken from the album “Exit Decades”. Buy Here
19. A Sunny Day In Glasgow - Lists, Plans (Notenuf) Taken from the album “Scribble Mural Comic Journal”. Buy Here
20. Liechenstien - Stalking Skills (Fraction Discs) 7″ single
21. Trembling Blue Stars - Beautiful Blank (Elefant) Taken from the “Exploring The Shadows” ep. Buy Here
22. The Piskie Sits - Lotta Bad Things (Wrath) I saw this bunch supporting The Fall in Leeds earlier in the year but they seem to have gone a bit quiet since then. This comes from the bands debut album “The Secret Sickliness”. Buy Here
23. Papercuts - Exit This Topic (Demo) Nice…
24. Cosmicdust - Bird Cries (Self-Released) Taken from the album “Snow Noise Assemblage”.
25. Suicidal Birds - No Way (Tocado) Taken from the album “Vs Life”.
26. Thrushes - Heartbeats (Birdnote) Taken from the album “Sun Come Undone”. Buy Here
27. The Harrisons - Man Of The Hour (Melodic) Taken from the debut album “No Fighting In The War Room”. Buy Here
28. Ports Of Call - Claire () One of my favorites from 2007. Taken from the debut album “Like Thieves…”.
29. Rumskib - Dreampoppers (Darla) From their brilliant self-titled debut. Buy Here
30. Good Shoes - Smalltown Girl (Brille) Buy Here.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
This weeks featured artist is Philadelphia's Ports Of Call. If you've been paying attention you will recall that I played a couple of tracks from their brilliant debut album "Like Thieves..." some time ago. The truth is I don't know if the record is avaliable or indeed where from but I shall make some enquiries and let you know because it really is one of the best things I've heard this year and for it to pass into history largly ignored would be wronger than the wrongest thing in the land of wrongness.
Next weeks playlist will be the end of year list which I have spent the last week agonising over. It doesn't seem to matter what system I use I just can't seem to get it below 52 tracks and with only 30 required for the final list......
On with the tunes.
1. State Of Mind & Chris SU - Hangover (Advanced) 12″ vinyl. Awesome or what! Buy Here
2. Foals - Balloons (Transgressive) New Single. Buy Here
3. Love Is All - Busy Doing Nothing (Optimo Remix) I must confess my world has never been set alight by the work of Love Is All. This track comes from a remix album cunningly titled “Love Is All Mixed Up” and it is pretty excellent. Out 21st January.
4. Blood Red Shoes - Wish I Was Someone Better (V2) Current 7″ Single. Buy Here
5. Ports Of Call - Here We Are (Self-Released) First track from this weeks featured artist. The album is called “Like Thieves…” and is certainly one of the high points of the in my house. I’m not quite sure where you can pick up a copy of this but if you can search one out it’s well worth the effort.
6. Amit & Klute - Kunt Kicker (Commercial Suicide) 12″ Vinyl. Despite what you might think this is the correct speed.
7. Rebekah Higgs - Love Is (Outside) Another track from the delf-titled debut album. Buy Here
8. Prolapse - Deanshanger (Radarscope) Taken from the 1997 album “The Italian Flag”.
9. Verbose - The People Below Unawares (Moamoo) One of the best things I’ve heard this week. The album is called “Wonder” and can be found here.
10. The Shackletons - The Ship (Loveless) Just can’t stop playing this album at the moment. As soon as I discover where you can actually purchase a copy I’ll let you know. I’m led to believe it’s going to be avaliable at the end of January. Watch this space.
11. Appleblim - Vansan (Skull Disco) 12″ Vinyl
12. Ports Of Call - Claire (Self-Released) Second track from this weeks featured artist. This track is one of the finest moments of 2007 and no mistake.
13. The Wombats - Moving To New York (Colin Hobbs Remix) (Kids) I think this is probably my favorite mix of the current Wombats offering.
14. Hot Club De Paris - Will You Still Be In Love With Me Next Year (Moshi Moshi) Brilliant, excellent, love it….I think that just about sums up how I feel about this record. There’s only 500 of the 7″ format so you’d better get your skates on if you want one of those. There is a digital version too though so no-one has an excuse for not buying this record. Buy Here
15. Eric Sneo - Both Sides Of The Story (Patterns) 12″ Vinyl, very nice.
16. These New Puritans - Numerology (aka Numbers) (Angular) Another fine moment from last week’s featured artist. The album is called “Beat Pyramid” and will be avaliable from 28th January. Buy Here.
17. Ra Ra Riot - Dying Is Fine (V2) 7″ single
18. Mudhoney - Let It Slide (Sub Pop) Taken from the 1991 album “Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge”. Buy Here
19. Ports Of Call - Quiet Tide (Self-Released) Final track from this weeks featured artist. The album is called “Like Thieves…” and as soon as I discover where you can get one I’ll let you know.
20. Rocker T - New Revelation ()
Sunday, December 16, 2007
The week after next will see our best of 2007 playlist go live. I must admit I'm having a bit of a headache compiling this. I just can't seem to get the list below 52 tracks. Thanks to all those who have been in touch with suggestions for the list, as many of your selections as possible will be on there. If you have any particular tracks which you believe should be on this playlist then please get in touch before Friday 21st December and I'll try and include as many as possible.
On with the tunes....
1. The Shackeltons - Tremble (Loveless) Taken from the bands self titled debut album which should be released at the end of January. I think you’ll be hearing a lot more from this lot on these playlists in the future.
2. Atlas Sound - A Ghost Story (Kranky) Taken from the album “Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel” which I’m led to believe will be in the shops on February 19th.
3. Reverend & The Makers - Open Your Window (Club Mix) (Wall Of Sound) I must confess I’ve never been that impressed by the works of Reverend & The Makers but I do rather like this mix of their current single which can be found on the CD version. Buy Here
4. These New Puritans - Swords Of Truth (Angular) First offering from this weeks featured album. Following on from their brilliant “Colours/Numbers” single a couple of months ago the Southend-On-Sea four piece are finally ready to unleash their debut album “Beat Pyramid” on a suspecting world on the 28th January. Two more tracks before the end of the playlist. Buy Here.
5. No Name On The Bullet - Now I Warn You (Self-Released) I’m really into these guys at the moment. This comes from their latest offering the “Physician EP”. I’ve also managed to track down their earlier “John Gant” ep which is equally brilliant and if I remember I’ll include a track in next weeks playlist.
6. The Agony Scene - Preditation (Century Media) Taken from the album “Get Damned”.
7. Fuck Buttons - Colours Move (Download) Current favorites in my house. Can’t wait for some new stuff.
8. Chris T-T - In The Dressing Room (Xtra Mile) One of the extra tracks on the current “This Gun Is Not A Gun” ep. For some reason I could have sworn I had already played you the title track in a previous program but scanning back through previous tracklistings this appears not to be the case so memory permitting I’ll stick it in next weeks program. Buy Here
9. Rebekah Higgs - Parables (Outside Music) Taken from the cunningly titled album “Rebekah Higgs”. Buy Here
10. Tad - Jack Pepsi (Sub Pop) Classic 7″ single.
11. Shady Bard - Penguins (Static Caraven) Taken from the album “From The Ground Up”. Buy Here
12. These New Puritans - 4 Pounds (Angular) Second track from this weeks featured album “Beat Pyramid”. Out 28th January. Buy Here
13. We Are Terrorists - Ground Zero
14. Boxcutter - J Dub (Planet Mu) Taken from the album Glyphic. Buy Here
15. Cilvaringz - Death To America
16. Kiss Kiss - Iris & Eye (Eyeball) Taken from the album “Reality Vs The Optimist”. Buy Here
17. Kitchens Of Distinction - Quick As Rainbows (One Little Indian) Kitchens Of Distiction are one of the most underrated bands ever. Their 1990 album "Strange Free World" still sound excellent today and if you have never heard this band I would recommend you start here. Buy Here.
18. These New Puritans - Mkk3 (Angular) Final track from this weeks featured album. “Beat Pyramid” will be released on 28th January. Buy Here.
19. The Fun Years - D>>2 () TAken from the album “Life Sized Psychoses”. Buy Here
20. The Yarrows - Time To Go (Empyrean) Taken from the new album “Plum”. Buy Here
Sunday, December 09, 2007
Back to business then and a pretty fine bunch of tunes for you this week. Please let me know your comments, I'm always interested as to whether you like any of the stuff which appears on here. This weeks featured album is the current offering from Japancakes on which the band have very courageously decided to re-record My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" album in it's entierety. I'm toying with the idea of having a featured unsigned band instead of album starting maybe early next year so if you want your band featured then please get in touch.
The end of the year is almost upon us and in a couple of weeks time I'm going to put a playlist together consisting of some of the finest musical moments from 2007. I have to say it's been a particularly good year for music and the task of choosing a set of tracks is going to contain some very tough choices, which is where you come in. If you have any particular favorites which you would like to see in the playlist then please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try and include as many of your favorites as possible.
On with the show...
1. No Name On The Bullet - I Use My Gun For Money, And I Don’t Like To Work For Nothing (Self Released) Taken from the “Physician EP”. Good shit and no mistake.
2. Operator Please - Just a song about ping pong (Brille) I think this has probably been around for a couple of months but It’s new on me. Buy Here
3. Arthur & Yu - 1000 Words (Memphis Industries) Taken from the excellent debut album “In Camera”. Buy Here
4. Japancakes - Only Shallow (Darla) This is the first track from this weeks featured album. Many bands do cover versions but few actually cover an entier album. Japancakes are one of the few and My Bloody Valetines “Loveless” is their chosen quarry. The problem is that Loveless was something resembling perfection in the first place so any re-working would be quite futile. Japancakes then are clearly not the kind of folks to sherk a challenge and have covered every track on the album in order. To be quite honest I don’t think any of these versions match up to the originals but it is quite good to hear the tracks from a different perspective and I think you have to give Japancakes credit for even attempting such a project. Buy Here
5. The Fall - Fit & Working Again (Rough Trade) It seems like an age since we last heard The “mighty” Fall on Burning World. No particular reason for playing this track except that the possibility exists that there are people in this world who have never heard The Fall or at least not some of the older stuff, therefore it could be argued that by including this track I am doing a service to mankind by enriching lives according to the gospel of Mark E Smith. Apparently there will be a new Fall album in the not too distant future. I tremble at the thought!!!!! Buy Here
6. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Doing All The Things That Wouldn’t Make Your Parents Proud (Self Released) Buy Here
7. Loop - Arc-Lite (Beggars Banquet) Taken from the 1990 album “A Guilded Eternity”. Buy Here
8. Murder Mystery - Love Astronaut (Self Released) Taken from the album “Are You Ready For The Heartache Cause Here It Comes”. Buy Here
9. Lymbyc Systym - Love Your Abuser (Mush) Taken from the album “Love Your Abuser”. Buy Here
10. Maher Shalal Hash Baz - A Big Hug (K) Taken from the album “L’ Autre Cap”. Buy Here
11. Japancakes - To Here Knows When (Darla) Second track from this weeks featured album. In it’s original My Bloody Valentine form it was, and still is one of the most beautiful creations known to man. So what do you make of this? Buy Here
12. Gellers - Buscape (Compare Notes) Taken from the debut album “Gellers”.
13. Marco Mahler - Design In Quick Rotation (Marco Mahler) Buy Here
14. The Bell - Do You Know How To Feel (Badman Recording Co.) Another track from the excellent debut album “Make Some Quiet”. Buy Here
15. Sian - Spook (Defrag Sound Processing) This is Sian’s contribution to a 12″ he shares with Glitches which appears to be called “Splitters 01″. Well worth tracking down.
16. Heavy Winged - Varcolec 01 (Cut Hands)
17. Bola - Waknuts (Skam) Taken from the album “Kroungrine”. Buy Here
18. Japancakes - Soon (Darla) Last track from this weeks featured album. I don’t know about you but it makes me want to go and dig out the original again. To be fair it wouldn’t take much digging out as it is never far from my person. Buy Here
19. Dark Captain Light Captain - Mid-Session Interval (LOaF) This is actually the b side of the current single but is my prefered track. Buy Here
20. Growing - Swell (The Social Registry) This is the first track the on new ep by Growing. Recently signed to The Social Registry label is scheduled for release early next year.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Also in this weeks program a first play on Burning World for Fuck Buttons (can't see them getting much radio play) latest offering. A nine minute drone-fest which has been playing almost constantly on my i-pod for the last fortnight.
1. Bonny Prince Billy - I Came Here To Hear The Music (Domino) Taken from the mini album “Ask Forgiveness”. Buy Here
2. Gay For Johnny Depp - You Have A Theory, I Have A Gun (Captains Of Industry) First of three tracks from this weeks featured album “The Politics Of Cruelty”. Buy Here
3. Melly - Into Deep (Original Mix) (Music Worx) Buy Here
4. Loveliescrushing - QNGL () Taken from the album “Chorus”.
5. Enter Shikari - Keep It On Ice (Enter Shikari) Taken from the album "The Zone". Buy Here
6. The Bell - I Need Nothing (Badman Recording Co.) From the brilliant debut album “Make Some Quiet”.
7. Alessandro Crimi - Dubweiser (Chaton’s Dubwise Mix) (Sthlmaudio) 12″
8. Scissors For Lefty - Nickles & Dimers (Rough Trade) From the new album “Underhanded Romance”. Buy Here
9. Gay For Johnny Depp - Very Little Happens Between 3 & 4 In The Morning (Captains Of Industry) Second track from this weeks featured album “The Politics Of Cruelty”. Buy Here
10. Aa - Manshake (Gigantic) Been around a while this but I’ve only just got around to it, nice. Buy Here
11. Excepter - Burgers (Paw Tracks) 12″
12. Papercuts - Exit This Topic (Demo)
13. Arthur & Yu - Afterglow (Memphis Industries) Taken from the new album “In Camera”. Buy Here
14. Dardanelles - Cycle Repeat (Mosquito’s Tweeter) Taken from the album “Mirror Mirror”. Buy Here
15. Fuck Buttons - Sweet Love For Planet Earth (Download) Loving this to bits. Reminds me of Spacemen 3’s “Big City” in some ways even though it sounds nothing like it.
16. The Capstan Shafts - I Don’t Like The Movies (Asaurus) From the album “Her Versus The Sad Cold Eventually”. Buy Here
17. Gay For Johnny Depp - To The Alchoholics Life Is Depressing (Captains Of Industry) Final track from this weeks featured album “The Politics Of Cruelty”. Buy Here
18. Working For A Nuclear Free City - Sarah Dreams Of Summer (Deaf Dumb & Blind) From the album “Businessmen & Ghosts”. Buy Here
19. Heavenly - C Is The Heavenly Option (Sarah) Taken from the 1992 album “Le Jardin de Heavenly”. Buy Here
20. The Popguns - Waiting For The Winter (Midnight Music) Taken from the 1990 album “Eugenie”. Buy Here
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
2. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - This Love Is Fucking Right (Self Released) This ep is fucking right as well. As far as I know this is the bands first release and as yet they still have no label in the UK which is just fucking wrong. Buy Here
3. Tunturia - Satellites (Self-Released) Taken from the album “Maps”.
4. Le Loup - To The Stars, To The Night (Hardly Art) Taken from the album “The Throne Of The Third Heaven Of The Nation’s Millenium Assembly”. Buy Here
5. The Royal We - All The Rage (Geographic) Taken from the bands debut self-titled album. Buy Here
6. By The End Of Tonight - Delaware Is Depressing (Temporary Residence) This is the first track from the album “Comlpex Full Of Phantoms” which By The End Of Tonight share with the mighty Tera Melos who appear later in this program. Buy Here
7. By The End Of Tonight - Philthy Collins (Temporary Residence) ….and another one. These tracks go so well together I didn’t want to seperate them. Buy Here
8. A Smile & A Ribbon - Then I Felt Your Cheek (Shelflife) This is one of the tracks on the 7″ single which accompanies the album “The Boy I Wish I’d Never Met”. Buy Here
9. Ecstatic Sunshine - Beetle (Carpark) I somehow managed to miss this album last year but not to worry, better late than never. Buy Here
10. P. G. Lost - Fartyget (Black Star Foundation) From the album “Yes I Am”.
11. Little Man Tate - Boy In The Anorak (Promo) Long awaited new single from the Taties as they are known in my house. This will be released on 10th December and only avaliable for one week. You can pre order your copy HERE
12. Phosphorescent - My Dove, My Lamb (Dead Oceans) I bought this album on the strength of a recomendation. I was, I must confess rather drunk the first time I heard it but I think this track in particular is well worth the price of admission. It reminds me of a single from years ago by the Palace Brothers called “The Ohio River Boat Song” which I know for a fact I have on 7″ single but can I buggery find it anywhere. As soon as I do I’ll stick it in the program. Buy Here
13. Joe Jean & The Jing Jang Jong - Lucio Starts Fires (Young & Lost Club)
14. Dragons Of Zynth - Get Off (Gigantic) Taken from the album “Coranation Thieves”. Buy Here
15. The Whiskers - Forest Felled, Felled Boxer (Awkward Core) From the bands self-titled debut album.
16. The Real Tuesday Weld - Blood Sugar Love () Taken from the new album “The London Book Of The Dead”.
17. Terra Melos - When Worms Learn To Fly (Temporary Residence) Taken from the album “Complex Full Of Phantoms” which they share with By The End Of Tonight. Buy Here
18. Tindersticks - Her (Island) This comes from their “BBC Sessions” album. Buy Here
19. Ceremony - Dull Life (Safranin Sound) Taken from the new album “Disappear”. Buy Here
20. Los Campesinos - C Is The Heavenly Option (Wichita) I meant to play this a couple of weeks ago but I forgot. Perhaps this could trigger some kind of Sarah Records revival. Buy Here
Sunday, November 04, 2007
1. Cloaks - Hi Tek Buzz (Werk) 12″ Buy Here
2. Daweh Congo - Let Us Be Friends (Hands & Hearts) Another 12″ Buy Here
3. Vandelles - Swell To Heaven (Safranin Sound) Taken from the brilliant new self-titled ep. Buy Here
4. The Courteeners - Acrylic (Polydor) New single. Buy Here
5. Destroyalldreamers - Wish I Was All Flames (Where Are My Records) Title track from the new album. Great stuff Buy Here
6. Old Time Relijun - Liberation (Enhanced) These guys seem to have been around for a hell of a long time now but still sound bloody good. This track comes from the new album “Catharisis In Crisis”. Buy Here
7. Darren Hayman & The Secondary Modern - Let’s Go Stealing (Track & Field) From the album “Darren Hayman & The Secondary Modern”. Another fine goal all round…..Buy Here
8. Mossa - Salt (Original Mix) (Frankie) 12″. Buy Here
9. Tenna Star - Free Your Heart (Cultural Warriors) I’ve always loved 10″ records. They just look so good on the turntable. Buy Here
10. Stars Of The Lid - The Evil That Never Arrived (Kranky) This has been around a few months apparently but I’ve only just found out about it. The album is called “And Their Refinement Of The Decline”. Buy Here
11. The Nightjars - You Set Me Reeling (Reveal) Taken from the mini-album “Reveal”. Buy Here
12. Depth Charge - Dead By Dawn (Vinyl Solution) I know this track keeps cropping up on these playlists every few months but who cares, a bit of a classic from the 1994 album “Nine Deadly Venoms”. Buy Here
13. Sebastian - Killing In The Name Of Sebastian (Ed Banger) This is the beast which lurks on the other side of the current “Walkman” 12″ single. Pretty smart version I reckon.
14. Dardanelles - Alone Is Not (Mosquito’s Tweeter) Taken from the Melbourne bands debut album “Mirror Mirror”.
15. Tenna Stelin - Jah World (River Bank) 10" Buy Here
16. Boxcutter - Windfall (Planet Mu) From the album “Glyphic”. Buy Here
17. Shellac - The End Of Radio (Touch & Go) From the album “Excellent Italian Greyhound”. Buy Here
18. William Basinski - Cobalt Pools (2062) Taken from the recently re-issued “Shortwavemusic” Buy Here
19. Ceremony - Never Love Again (Safranin Sound) Two Safranin Sound releases in the same program? Anyone would think I was on the payroll. Buy Here
20. Culture - Jah Pretty Face (Shanachie) From the classic “Two Sevens Clash” album which has recently been re-issued with a bunch of extra tracks as a special 30th anniversary edition. If you don’t have a copy of this album then you’d better get your finger out because every record collection requires at least one copy of this album. Still think it sounds better on vinyl though. Buy Here
Sunday, October 21, 2007
1. Lovvers - Near Enough For Jazz (Jonson Family) 7″ Single. Buy Here
2. Kotki Dwa - Peachlight (Self Released) From the album “Onlyouarenotsleeping”.
3. Tullycraft - One Essex Girl (Magic Marker) Taken from the album “Every Scene Needs A Centre”. Out 23rd October. Buy Here
4. Carnage & Zanthrax - Caged Fury (Part 5) (USR) Taken from the “Unreachable” ep. Buy Here
5. Codes In The Clouds - Distant Streeetlights (Erased Tapes) 7″ single. Buy Here
6. My Little Airport - Frankie Wants To Be Alone (Harbour Records)
7. Cannonball Jane - The Secret Handshake (Gaddycat) Taken fron the "Knees Up" ep.
8. Sunset Rubdown - The Mending Of The Gown (Jagjaguwar) People keep banging on to me about Sunset Rubdown and it seems I'm probably about the last person in the world to hear them. The new album "Random Spririt Lover" was released just last weel and if you've been reading some rather good reviews of it, well there's a good reason for that amd it has nothing to do with brown envelopes. Buy Here
9. 3.5 Records - Tes La Rok-Darkness Falls Upon Us (3.5 Records) This is a 12" single and I think the artist and lable are both called 3.5 records. The thing is I've spent all week thinking they were called Tes La Rok which sounds like a much more likely name but is apparently not the case. I won't hold it against them though, a quick dig in the ribs should suffice if our paths should ever cross. Fine record though.
10. Torche - In Return (Rock Action) Title track from the new ep Buy Here
11. Bell Hollow - Eyes Like Planets (Five03) Taken from the new album "Foxgloves" Buy Here
12. Scorn - Stripped Back Hinge (Ad Noiseam) It seems like this guy has been making records forever and a day. Long may he continue. This comes from the new album "Stealth".
13. Party Weirdo - Fight (Stitchy Press) 7"
14. Lone Wolf - Slayed By Shadows (NozL) Taken from the 12″ ep “The Tale Of The Rivers Of Shaolin”.
15. Darren Hayman & The Secondary Modern - Elizabeth Duke (Track & Field) There's always a ripple of excitement in my house when a new Darren Hayman record arrives. This I think it's fair to sat contains some of his best work for some time too. I think there are a few gigs coming up around the country in the next few weeks and you could do a lot worse than dragging yourself down to one of them. I think there is one in Leeds at a venue called The Library which I must admit I've never been to but I think I'll try and get there for Mr Hayman. You can find all the details you wan on Hefnet. Buy Here
16. Destroy Tokyo - Little Jem (Self Released)
17. Jakobinarina - It's Monday (Regal) This is probably the most played record in my house at the moment. Definately one of the finest debuts of the year. The album's called "The First Crusade" and I can't wait for the next one. Buy Here
18. Earl Sixteen - Guide Us Jah (Cultural Warriors) 10" ep....and why not.....
Sunday, October 14, 2007
2. Ava Leigh - Keep The Fire Burning (White Label)
3. The Tinklers - Turn The Screw On The Crank (Shimmy Disc) I rediscovered this album just last week. I had completely forgotten how hillariously brilliant it is. The album is called “Casserole” and was released through Kramer’s Shimmy Disc label (also home to the fantastic Bongwater) back in 1990. I think this album is going to be pretty much impossible to track down these days so perhaps I should post it in it’s entirety.
4. Jakobinarina - It’s Monday (Regal) From the album “The First Crusade”. Out 1st October. Buy Here
5. Greg Gow - Urban Destruction (Restructured) Taken from the “Release” ep.
6. Lovvers - A Good Book (Jonson Family) This has been around for a few months now and really should have been on this site ages ago but in typical fashion I forgot all about it. It comes from a 7″ ep on the fantastic Jonson Family label. There is another 7″ by the Nottingham band as well called “Near Enough For Jazz” which will (memory permitting) feature in next weeks program.
7. The Pyramids - A Gala In The Harbour Of Your Heart (Domino) Frtom the album “The Pyramids”. Out 5th November. Buy Here
8. Napoleon IIIrd - This Is My Call To Arms (Brainlove) From the album “In Debt To”. Out 22nd October. Buy Here
9. Takuya! - Move To The Beat (Demo)
10. The Exploding Boy - Dazed () If you google The Exploding Boy you will be informed that they are the greatest indieband from Stockholm, Sweden. While this might be a slight exageration this really is a good record. I don’t know how widely avaliable this is but it can be purchased from the bands website HERE
11. Alcapone - Real Bad Man (Mellow Vibes) 7″
12. Incapacitants - Fund Trap (Alchemy) Taken from the four track ep “73″. If you turn this up loud enough the cat runs for shelter.
13. A Smile & A Ribbon - My Bunny’s Back (Shelflife) From the album “The Boy I Wish I’d Never Met”. Buy Here
14. Barrington Levy - Whom Shall I Be Afraid Of (Revolutionary Sounds) 7″ single. Buy Here
15. Girl Friend - Teenmachine (I Hate Smoke) I think this is probably my favorite track from the Tokyo bands “Pop Secret” ep.
16. Luff - Rigging Slumber (Delicious Noise) Taken from the new album “Blanket Ice”. Buy Here
17. Los Campesinos - International Tweexcore Underground (Wichita) Brilliant new single. Buy Here
18. The Aliens - Robot Man (Riton Rerub) (EMI)
19. His Name Is Alive - How Dark Is Your Dark Side (Reincarnate) From the album “Xmmer”. Buy Here
20. The Muslims - Future Rock (Demo)
Sunday, October 07, 2007
2. Little Name - Tracy & I (Sleepy) From the album “How To Swim & Live”. Out 16th October
3. Lee Scratch Perry - I Am A New Yorker (Megawave) Another classic from everyones favorite O.A.P. Taken from the new album “End Of An American Dream”. Buy Here
4. ILIKETRAINS - The Deception (Beggars Banquet) From the new album “Elegies To Lessons Learned”.
5. The Pyramids - Guitar Star (Domino) Taken from the excellent self titled debut album out 5th November. Buy Here
6. Rachel Goldstar - Overseas (Self Released) From the album “Introducing Rachel Goldstar 2001-2005″.
7. Ticklah - Nature Loving Dub (Easy Star) From the album “Ticklah Vs Axelrod”. Out 15th October. Buy Here
8. Countryside - Trippin Sunshine (Demo) This is a new band from the Bristol area and I have to say one of the best cd’s I’ve heard all week. It’s called “Click, Submit, Send” and really should be made more widely avaliable. The band have a few gigs coming up, pop over to their My Space page for more details. Buy Here
9. Jesu - Lifeline (Hydra Head) Title track from the new ep. Buy Here
10. A Smile & A Ribbon - A Nice Walk In The Park (Shelflife) The album is called “The Boy I Wish I’d Never Met”. Ten tracks, half an hour, perfect. Buy Here
11. Kiko - Alone In The Dark (Different) Taken from the compilation “It Sounds Different”. Buy Here
12. Bearsuit - Foxy Boxer (Fantastic Plastic) Another track from their excellent “Oh:Io” Album. Buy Here
13. Disinterested - What You Wanted (Dynamophone) From the new album "Behind Us" Buy Here
14. Dub Taylor - Cruiser (Manual Music) Buy Here
15. Holy Fuck - Milk Shake (Young Turks) Taken from their self titled debut albu, out 22nd October. Buy Here
16. LR Rockets - Personality (Art Goes Pop) New Single from the London band, Out 5th November. Buy Here
17. Hefner - Love Will Destroy Us In The End (Too Pure) Hefner’s debut album “Breaking God’s Heart” has just been re-issued by Too Pure as a 2cd set. Yes that’s right it’s a whole cd longer than it used to be. If you didn’t buy this first time round you should thank your lucky stars for a second chance, now get to it. Buy Here
18. Late Of The Pier - Bathroom Gurgle (Moshi Moshi) 7″ single. Buy Here
19. Dynamic - Teardrop Dub (Jamaican) This fine record is one of the results of last weeks rather excessive shopping trip. The album’s called “Dubbing At Dynamic Sounds”. Buy Here
Sunday, September 30, 2007
On another note I'd like to thank all the people who keep sending me e-mails to let me know that Playlist 29 doesn't work. I've uploaded the damn thing again for the third time so hopefully it will be ok now but if for some reason the God of cyberspace has decided to play silly buggers again just don't tell me cos if one more person tells me Playlist 29 is knackered I'm gonna come round there and poo on your patio. You have been warned.
1. Bolt Action Five - Tree Friend Tree Foe (No Pain In Pop) Debut single from the London four piece. They have a new single called “Think Fast” which will be out next month. Buy Here
2. Bearsuit - Dinosaur Heart (Fantastic Plastic) From the new album “OH:IO”. Buy Here
3. Crookers - Massive (Potty Mouth Music) (Original Mix) 12″
4. Sightings - A Rest (Load) Taken from the album “Through The Panama”. Out 29th October. Buy Here
5. Fortune Drive - My Girl’s An Arsonist (Shy) From the debut album “A Modern Question” Out 15th October. Buy Here
6. Japandroids - Coma Complacency (Self Relelased) From the “All Lies” ep.
7. Uran - Voice Of Uran (Self Released) From an ep knowingly titled “You Can Never Love Uran”.
8. The Orb - DDD (Dirty Disco Dub) () Another track from the exellent album “The Dream”.
9. No Age - Boy Void (Fat Cat) FRom the album “Weirdo Rippers”. Buy Here
10. Mikel Bisbee-Durlam - Brand New Home (Self Released)
11. Pepe Bradock -Sakura Incident (Clone Records) 12″ Buy Here
12. Papercuts - Exit This Topic (Demo)
13. Von Erich - Hey Peter (Demo)
14. Cosmicdust - Bird Cries (Self Released) From the album “Snow Noise Assemblage”.
15. Ports Of Call - Honey () From the album “Like Thieves...” which is due for release......sometime.
16. Dead Soul Brothers - Wires (Dead Soul Brothers) Taken from the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" double 12".
17. Electro Group - The Rule (Claire) From the album “Good Technology”. Buy Here
18. Lee Scratch Perry - End Of The American Dream (Megawave) Taken from the new Lee Perry album. Do you realise this guy is now 71 years young. Buy Here
Monday, September 24, 2007
1. The Dykeenies - Things You Cannot See (Columbia) I've been waiting for this album for some time and dissapoint it does not. Buy Here
2. The Orb - Vu Deja () I didn't think they had it in them anymore. The Orb return with what is their best material since "Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld" something like 18 or so years ago. Apparently this is a Japan only release but I hope I've read that wrong. The album is called "The Dream" and you must track it down by any means necessary.
3. Kap Bambino - Took Life (Wwilko) Taken from the album "Zero Life, Night Vision". You'll certainly be hearing more from this record in future playlists. Buy Here
4. His Electro Blue Voice - Fog (S-S) 7"single.
5. Crystal Castles Vs HEALTH - Crimewave (Trouble) Another fine 7" single. Buy Here
6. King Stuffy Generator - Peter Gunn ()
7. These New Puritans - Colours (Domino) New single from Southend's finest. Out 15th October.
8. Antennas To Heaven - Gravy Is Gravy (Self Released) Taken from the album "Hermeneutics".
9. G Corp meets The Mighty Tree - Perilous Time (Endulge) 12"
10. Papercuts - 82 Doo Doo Doo (Demo) New track from Papercuts. You can download this along with a few more tracks from their My Space page. On the strength of this I'm really looking forward to some more so get your finger out Rossy!!
11. Use Of Procedure - Enola Gay ()
Monday, September 17, 2007
1. Terra Melos - A Spoonful Of Slurry
2. Maps - It Will Find You (Mock & Toof Remix) (Mute) Buy Here
3. Tall Pony - I'm Your Boyfriend Now (Cherryade) New single, well It's been around a few weeks but it's spanking new in my house. I don't know anything at all about the band which is jst how I like it. Ignorance is bliss and this is a bloody great record. Buy Here
4. Barrington Levy - A Yah We Deh (Volcano) Taken from the recently re-issued 12".
5. Percy Grainger - Free Music (Reed Box-Top & Bottom Ranks-Thick) (Shamefile) This is from a very interesting cd called "Artefacts of Australian Experimental Music: 1930 - 1973" which is fairly self explanitary really. This track was recorded back in 1951. 6. Parts For All Makes - Every Now And Then () From the ep "Shrinkwraped Hearts"
7. Siouxsie - Loveless (W14) If you, like I thought Siouxsie Sioux was a spent force then take a listen to this. Even though she's now over 50 her voice just seems to be getting better. From the new album "Mantaray"Buy Here
8. Residual Echoes - Dosed Clothes (Elevation) Taken from the ep "Firsts".
9. Snog - The Last Days Of Rome (Calculus Mix) (Metropolis) Taken from the "Last Days Of Rome" ep. There is a track on here called "The Day The Towers Fell" which I almost played instead of this one. If I remember I'll stick it in next weeks playlist. Out 23rd October. Buy Here
10. Crystal Antlers - Parting Song For The Torn () I'm just loving this at the moment. 7" single on lovely clear vinyl. Buy Here
Sunday, September 16, 2007
I answered the phone and a voice spoke in a fashion not dissimilar to how you would if your house was on fire, "...I've got this download from Warp..and....and.....well....it's got like....guitars on it.....and proper....like....instruments and stuff, I think someone has made a terrible mistake!!". After I had picked myself up from the floor and wiped away the tears I said "You've got the Gravenhurst single then. It's true, some people still assume all Warp releases are going to be like they were ten years or so ago. The truth is that music has moved on and so has Sheffield's finest export, Warp Records. Back at the turn of the 90's they released some of the finest 12" slabs of vinyl the world hs ever seen. The likes of Nighmares On Wax, Sweet Exorcist, LFO and who can forget that fantastic Tricky Disco slab. These days the label is a lot more diverse and their roster includes all kinds of music.
Their latest release is a record I've been looking forward to. The debut album from Gravenhurst. If you have been paying attention you will recall that "Trust" appeared on recent Burning World playlist and really sets the scene for this album. Moments of lovelyness, noise, ad the odd bit of strangeness thrown in for good measure. Just what you need (if your name is not Alex, in which case you'll just spontainiously combust).
Thursday, September 06, 2007
This month also see's the return of former Delgado, Emma Pollock. This is her first album since the demise of the Delgadoes who it has to be said have produced some of the finest moments on Indie over the last ten years or so and finds emma back on top form, although there are a few weak moments the good tracks make it more than worthwhile. I've included "Paper & Glue" in this weeks playlist......and yes I know I've spelt her name wrong on the files but I didn't notice until it was too late. Soz Emma.
1. The Courteeners - Cavorting (Loog) New Single. Buy Here
2. Emma Pollock - Paper & Glue (4AD) From the album "Watch The Fireworks" Out 17th September. Buy Here
3. Shadow Dancer - Daytime Drinking (Boys Noize) 12" Buy Here
4. Alborosie - Call Up Jah (Forward) 7" Buy Here
5. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Rollerdisco (Graveface) From the album "Dandelion Gum" which has been around for a while now but is well worth hearing again. Buy Here
6. Wry - Sister (Club AC30) From the "Whales & Sharks" ep.
7. Psychocaravane - A La Croisee Des Chemins (L-Abi) Oh my lords!! That guitar sound!!! awsome!!!!! From the album "A L'avre Du Convoi".
8. Alaska In Winter - Close Your Eyes-We Are Blind (Regular Beat) From the ep "Dance Party In The Balkans". Buy Here
9. Crookers - Chippin (On The Brink) From The "Made In Italy" ep. This is probably the most played track in my house this week.
10. Polluted Youth - Night Commuters
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Friday, August 31, 2007
Ok rant over.
Over the last few weeks I've been recieving e-mails from people who actually do appreciate what I am trying to do here and as a result have decided to continue. I will certainly be more careful about the bands selected to appear on the site and the band who complained......to be honest I don't know if it was the band or the label or even some over zealous manager but that band, their label and anyone I find has anything to do with them will not have their material promoted on Burning World again.
If any band wants any files removing please just send me an e-mail and it will be done.
On with the music.
1. Pale Sunday - She’ll Never Be Mine (Matinee) From the album Summertime. I know this has been around a while but I’ve only just managed to get my hands on a copy. Buy Here
2. Dardanelles - Footsteps (Mosquito’s’ Tweeter) Taken from the Aussie bands debut album “Mirror Mirror” which will hopefully hit the shops anytime now.
3. Earzumba - Fugitivo (Editions Zero) From the album “Real Ruido Pastizo”.
4. Eilen Jewell - High Shelf Booze () It’s not very often I actually listen to an album from start to finish. Usually I tend to listen to things three or four tracks at a time but this album did manage to stay on for it’s duration. It’s called “Letters from sinners & strangers” and you may well see more from this album on this site in the future, as long as no-one comlains of course. I really must calm down about this and stop moaning. Buy Here
5. South Central - Space And The Woods (Bootleg) I can’t really tell you much about this. It’s the only track on a cd which fell through my letterbox yesterday morning. Exellent stuff though.
6. The Warlocks - Slip Beneath (Tee Pee Records) From the new album “Heavy Deavy Skull Lover”. Out October 23rd and you may well be able to order one Here, then again, who knows?
7. The Ting Tings - That ’s Not My Name () Oh I know it’s a bit cheesy but this 7″ is just so damn catchy. They’ve got loads of gigs coming up over September/October so check out their My Space page for more details.
8. Little Man Tate - Under Them Smiles (V2) This is the b side to the current single “European Lover”. Out this week. Buy Here
9. Gravenhurst - Trust (Warp) Current single. Buy Here
10. FLat 7 - Smile (Robin Guthrie Remix) Quite possibly one of the most beautiful tracks of the year. From the album “Lost In Blue”.
Friday, July 06, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
1. Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words - Ashen Like The Sky (It's A Trap) They describe themselves as "Snap Crackle Pop". So they sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies going off, well at time yes but don't let that put you off. This comes from the Swedish bands third album "Fall, Fall, Falling" which is limited to 350 copies. Get yours HERE
2. Blood Red Shoes - Stitch Me Back (V2) From the six track E.P. "I'll Be Your Eyes" which basically consists of tracks from the bands earlier 7" singles.
3. The Angelic Process - Million Year Summer (Profound Lore) From the album "Weighing Souls With Sand". Not sure if this album is quite as good as the bands previous outing "Coma Waering" but I just love this track.
4. Tehss - Think (MVS) Taken from the album "Underground". Their my space site is all in French which is not much use to me. I'm still struggling with English.
5. Pepe Deluxe - Lucky The Blind Vs Vacuum Cleaning Monster (Catskills) From the new album "Spare Time Machine".
6. Quilts - Red Lizard (Ruralfaune) This comes on one of those cute little 3" CDs. It's a four track from EP called "Acid Flower" which as I'm sure you'll agree is a very apt title. Not sure if this is still avaliable as I reckon it will be quite a small run but if you check HERE I'm sure you will be able to find out.
7. The Be Be See - Disney Eyes (At Large) Second single from the London band.
8. Art Brut - Don't Blame It On The Trains (Labels) This is the b side from the CD version of the new single. The 7" has a different track on it's reverse so make sure you fall for this blatent marketing ploy and buy them both.
9. Car Commercials - Water
10. Ham Sandwich - Sad Songs (Route 109 Recording Co.) Great name for a band and I actually like ham sandwiches so it was always going to appeal to me. Apparently this is their fourth single but it's the first one I've heard.
11. The Victorian English Gentlemens Club - La Mer (Fantastic Plastic) New single from the Cardiff three piece. Out 16th July.
12. Cloud Atlas - Cigarettes & Apricots (Demo) While we are on the subject of Cardiff here's another band from the Welsh capital. They sent me a very polite e-mail just yesterday along with their new demo. I think this is probably my favorite track although there is at least one more blinder on here, maybe next week. You see! manners get you everywhere.
13. The Pietasters - Don't Wanna Know (Indication) Their new album "All day" will hit the streets on 21st July, seven days after my birthday. (don't know why I just mentioned that)
14. Even As We Speak - Blue Eyes Decieving Me (Sarah) You know when you just feel like a bit of pop music? A classic from many moons ago.
15. The Indelicates - Julia, We Don't Live In The 60's (Weekender) Well we might as well end with a happy song. I mean, with all this rain around it's a miracle we aren't all turning into Nick Cave. This is the new single from The Indelicates who's next gig is in London at a venue still to be confirmed (check their website for details) on July 14th which just happens to be my birthday so......well.....I just thought I'd mention it.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
This is why I get up on a morning, this is why I put milk on my Rice Krispies and this is why I fed the cat three times yesterday. This is the strange effect the debut album from Brightons Prinzhorn Dance School is having on me. From the opening bars of "Black Bunker", a repeated bass line not unlike a Fall intro tape gets us underway and by the time we get to the final track the world has become a better place, actually what happened to me was I just thought sod the world and work and anything else I have to do today, all I'm gonna do is listen to this all over again. I can't tell you much about the band though. They seem to be quite a secretive lot but if they keep on churning out records like this they can walk about with blankets over their heads for all I care.
"Prinzhorn Dance School" is released through DFA Records on 13th August.
Files removed at the request of the B.P.I.
Thursday, June 07, 2007
2. Brainbombs - Stinking Memory (Anthem) From Sweden, Brainbombs have been abusing the eardrums fo the world since 1987. Sadly this wil be the bands final release and is a 7" single limited to just 377 copies. It was released a couple of months ago and is now probably sold out so if you should stumble across one grab it with both hands and shout yippee!
3. Caz Mechanic - Go Home (Big Potato) This is the best track in my humble opinion from the new Caz Mechanic single which will be released on 5th June and can be purchased HERE
4. Inverse Cinematic - Seven By Seven (Dave Da Gatos Baad Ass Tapas Mix) (Faces) Oooo this is a bit good. New 12" out this very week.
5. Gas Club - Bottle Neck (Demo) Yet another quality band from the City of Sheffield.
6. Who's Your Favorite Son, God? - Downtown Cherry Merchandise (KDVS) A fantastic album for sure. There are 500 of these on lush gold vinyl. Check out their My Space site for more info.
7. Tilly & The Wall - The Freest Man (Moshi Moshi) New single from the best tap dancers in the country. If you get chance to see them live don't pass it up.
8. New Young Pony Club - Fan (Modular) Another track from their "Fantascic Playroom" album.
9. Milanese - Mr Good News (Planet Mu) This comes from the new album "Adapt". They describe themselves on their My Space page as "Dead zombie girl dancefloor music". Doesn't sound too far from the mark.
10. Shit & Shine - Side A (Noisestar) It's quite simple really. A slab of 12" vinyl with a title as cunning as "Cunts With Roses" was always going to jump the que and go straight onto the turntable. This is a monster of a record in more ways than one. Evil doesn't quite describe it, it's a complete sonic masterpiece. There are no song titles but this is Side A in all it's thirteen minute glory...and yes, it is meant to sound like that.
11. Future Of The Left - Adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood (Too Pure) It seems like ages since I had a new record on the Too Pure label. They have always been purveyors of fine sounds and this is no different. This is the new, possibly second single from Future Of The Left about whome I know about as much as a hamster with amnesia.
12. Thrushes - Heartbeats (Birdnote) If I had an album of the week this would be it. It's called "Sun Come Undone" and will be in the shops next week.
13. Robedoor - Tremor Deliverence () Another split 7". Beware the noise...
14. Pipas - The Bowling Alley (s/r) This comes from one of those tour only EP's that you can't get unless you go to a gig. It's called "Mix For The Occupation" and this track is particularly fine.
15. Hot Club De Paris - Clockwork Toy (Moshi Moshi) New single from Hot Club De Paris. The CD features a "Metronomy Remix" which is rather ace.
I'm off, see ya next week.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
2. DJ Scotch Egg - Scotch Sundance (Very Friendly) More strangeness from the egg. From the album "Scotchhausen".
3. Jubb & The Dirty Sleeves - More Sincere Than Elvis (Demo)
4. Fight Like Apes - Jake Summers (Fifa) This as far as I know is the debut EP from Dublins Fight Like Apes. It's called "How Am I Supposed To Kill You If You Have All The Guns" and suprise suprise you can't buy it on Amazon. It is well worth tracking down though so I suppose the best place to start is probably the bands My Space page HERE
5. Celestial - Bluebell Meadow (Skipping Stone) From the album "Dream On". One of the best records you'll hear this year.
6. Art Brut - I Will Survive (Downtown) Another track from the new album "It's A Bit Complicated" Out 18th June.
7. Rumskib - Springtime (Darla) Pure beauty from Norway. Taken from their self-titled debut album.
8. Yellow Swans - Untitled (Not Not Music) This is the other side of that Goslings 7" which I played you last week. The good people at Not Not Music are certainly putting out some exellent stuff at the moment.
9. The Reverse - Shutterspeed (Run Out) At last, a new EP from The Reverse. You might remember that I played you tracks last year from their "Clean Incision EP" and this one is just as good. Apparently it's the second of three EP's and I look forward to hearing the third and hopefully not last in the near future. Good stuff.
10. New Young Pony Club - Get Lucky (Modular) From the album "Fantasic Playroom" which should be on your i-pod as of the 18th June.
11. Prinzhorn Dance School - Hamworthy Sports & Leisure Centre ()B side of the current single and I think I prefere this over the A side.
12. Fat Tulips - So Unbelievable (Vinyl Japan) In this weeks playlist just because I re-discovered my copy of the album "Starfish" earlier this week and realised what a great band the Fat Tulips really were and hardly got any recognition at all.
13. ioeb - Someone (CD-R) Can't tell you a huge amount about these. I can't even tell you how to pronounce their name.
14. Solarise - Get You Down (Konkurrent) From the album "Still The Same Dream"
15. Aluminium Babe - Be Mine (Velocity) From the album "Smoke In Chinatown".