Thursday, November 30, 2006
The London Calling festival took place at the Paradiso in Amsterdam last week and as with last year the line up was quite awsome, showcasing some of the best bands Britain has to offer. The line up was:- Friday 24th- The Holloways, Little Man Tate, Boy Kill Boy, The Young Knives, Klaxtons, Fortune drive, Five O Clock Heroes, Metronomy and Bees Sound Collection. Saturday 25th was just as good with sets from:- 747s, Jamie T, The Pigeon Detectives, Guillimots, The Maccabees, Bromheads Jacket, 1990s, The Automatic, Mumm-Ra, Lotus Lullaby and Oxford Glamour Models. Fortunately VPRO broadcast many of the sets in fantastic quality so you can lay back close your eyes and picture what you missed. Can't wait for next year, enjoy.
1 Great Britain
2 Happiness And Penniless
5 Public Service Broadcast
6 Two Left Feet
7 Fit For A Fortnight
8 Reinvent Myself
9 Fuck Ups
1 What Would Steve Do
2 Song B
3 Sick Deal
4 She's Got You High
5 Song E
6 These Things Move In Threes
7 Clocks Tick Louder In The Dead Of Night
8 Out Of The Question
The Pigeon Detectives
1 Romantic Type
2 You Know I Love You
3 I Found Out
4 Don't Know How To Say Goodbye
5 You Better Not Look My WayTake Her Back
6 I'm Always Right
7 I'm Not Sorry
1 Well Well Well
2 Cheshire Cat Smile
5 Stockholm Syndrome
6 Send In The Boys
7 What About Next Time
8 Lipstick Lickin'
10 Storm In A Teacup
11 What You Could Have Won
1 Cult Status
2 See You At The Lights
3 Risque Pictures
4 Jingle Bells
5 Arcade Precinct
6 You Made Me Like It
7 You're Supposed To Be My Friend
1 Orton's Intro
2 Leslie Parlafitt
3 Lions On The Prowl
5 SRI's And Big Bore 4's
6 Fight Music For The Fight
7 Pinch Of Psalt
8 Wooley Bridge
9 Poppy Bird
10 He Likes Them Airbrushed
11 Hazy In Yateley
12 Trip To The Golden Arches
13 What Ifs And Maybes
Little Man Tate
1. Man I Hate Your Band
2. Sexy In Latin
3. What, What You Got
4. European Love
5. Little Big Man
6. Hello Miss Lovely (So You Like My Jeans)
7. House Party At Boothys
8. Down On Marie
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
1. The Noisettes - Scratch Your Name (Mercury) From the forthcoming album "What's The Time Mr Wolf" to be released 6/2/2007
2. The Dodgems - Lord Lucan Is Missing (Demo)
3. The Eames Era - Fake Do Gooders (?) From the forthcoming album "Heroes & Sheroes" 4. Deerhunter - Spring Hall Convent (Kranky) From the bands second album "Cryptograms" to be released 29/1/2007
5. One Second Bridge - Take Me To The Moon (Buro) From the album "One Second Bridge"
6. The Ripps - Vampire (Catskills) From the exellent debut album "Long Live The Ripps" which will be released on 19/2/2007
7. Day For Airstrikes - The Craftiest Plan Known To Man (Roadkill) From the "Widows"E.P.
8. These New Puritans - Chamber (Demo)
9. Geisha - (Seven Seven Seven) (Crucial Blast) From the album "Mondo Del'orrore"
10. The Others - Looking For A Product (Lime) From the debut album "Inward Parts"
11. Voxtrot - Trouble (Play Louder) From the "Your Biggest Fan" CDS
12. Good Shoes - The Photo On My Wall (Brille) Exellent new single.
13. The Angelic Process - My Blood Still Whispers (Decaying Sun) From The Album "Coma Waering"
14. Loveninjas - Wanna Be Like Johnny C (Labrador) From the E.P. of the same name.
15. Ever Since The Lake Caught Fire - That Club, Them Songs (Demo) Brilliant band from Whitley Bay.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
1. Bromheads Jacket - Going Round To Have A Word (Marquis Cha Cha) From the album "Dits From The Commuter Belt".
2. Suicide Bid - Dubbin The Nation (Household Name) From the album "The Rot Stops Here".
3. Art Brut - Nag Nag Nag (EMI) New single to be released 20th November.
4. The Six Parts Seven - Awaiting Elemental Meltdown (Suicide Squeeze) From the album "Casualy Smashed To Pieces".
5. Winter Kids - Tape It (Hungry Kid) 7" single. Ltd to 150 copies this one so you better be quick.
6. Bono Project & Hector DJ - In Da Shit (Red Vinyl) 12"
7. OOIOO - KMS (Thrill Jockey) From the album "Taiga"
8. Shout Out Louds - The Comeback (Big Slippa Remix) (Capitol) From the "Combines EP".
9. The Angelic Process - The Sun In Braids (Decaying Sun) From the brilliant album "Coma Waering".
10. Man Like Me - Oh My Gosh (Non Stop) 12"
11. Cake On Cake - Come On Rainbow (Desolation) From the forthcoming album "I Guess I Was Daydreaming".
12. Deerhoof - The Perfect Me (Kill Rock Stars) From the album "Friend Opportunity" to be released on 23rd January.
13. To My Boy - Outerregions (XL) From the CD single "I Am Xray"
14. B. Fleischmann - Broken Monitors (Morr Music) From the album "The Humbucking Coil"
15. Working For A Nuclear Free City - Quiet Place (Melodic) From the album "Working For A Nuclear Free City".
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Here you are then. This weeks playlist features some pretty hot shit if I do say so myself with tracks from new albums by The Others, The Apples In Stereo, Dustins Bar Mitzvah and Hunting Lodge as well as some bloody good singles. Don't forget though, the whole point of Burning World is to bring to you good music which you may not otherwise hear and if you like it buy it.
1. The Others - Thick As Thieves (Lime) From the album "Inward Parts"
2. The Bobby Mcgees - Ivor Cutler Is Dead (Rough Trade) From the 7" "Yes Please"
3. 4 Navigators - Hungarock (DJ Vortex vs DJ Shinkel Mix) (STK 127) 12"
4. The Apples In Stereo - Sunndal Song (Simian / Elephant 6 / Yep Roc Records) From the forthcoming album "New Magnetic Wonder"
5. Peter & The Wolf - My Grey Overcoat (Whiskey & Apples) From the album "Lightness"
6. Crystal Castle - Mother Knows Best (Demo)
7. Dustins Bar Mitzvah - Kick Him Out (Hungry Kid) From the debut album "Get Your Mood On"
8. Halflings - Cough (Friendship Bracelet) From the cassette "Cough It Up"
9. Kayo Dot - Don't Touch Dead Animals (Holy Roar) From the Kayo Dot/Bloody Panda split 12". I bet you like this one Mr Rossy!
10. New Rhodes - She Said No (Xtra Mile) From the album "Songs From The Lodge"
11. Hunting Lodge - Hero Of The Beach (Farm Girl)From the album "Energy Czar"
12. Air Traffic - Get In Line (Tiny Consumer) From the EP "Never Even Told Me Her Name"
13. Loony Tunes Vs Doop - Doop 2006 (Remix) (Impact) 12"
14. Saltillo - Blood & Milk (Suspicious) From the album "Ganglion"
15. Shit Disco - Reactor Party (Fierce Panda) From the CDS "Reactor Party"
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Right then, for those of you wondering where the podcasts have gone....do not fear they will hopefully return next month. I'm in the process of putting together a new studio and as usual things are going far from to plan. In the meantime I'm to put together a Burning World playlist on a roughly weekly basis. As you can probably tell from the track listing below it contains some pretty hot stuff from some of the best new and forthcoming releases I've heard this week. I've zipped the file as individual tracks. If you would prefer one long file then let me know but I think this is the best way to do it. Don't forget, if you hear something you like then please go out and make the purchase.
1. South Central - Nothing Can Go Wrong (Art Goes Pop)
2. Eric Gaffney - Cold Weather (Old Gold/Handmade)
3. Working For A Nuclear Free City - The Tape (Melodic)
4. The Six Parts Seven - Stolen Moments (Suicide Squeeze)
5. Jeff Amadeus - Attack (Vendetta)
6. The Nice Boys - Teenage Nights (Birdman)
7. Trash Fashion - It's A Rave Dave (Glare n Dazzle)
8. The Horrors - Count In Fives (In The Red)
9. Oxford Collapse - Loser City (Sub Pop)
10. Juliette & The Licks - Death Of A Whore (Hassle)
11. One Second Bridge - The Ghost (Buro)
12. DARTZ! - St. Petersburg (Extra Mile)
13. The Mules - Season Ticket Holder (Organ Grinder)
14. OOIOO - Uma (Thrill Jockey)
15. Solieb - Inside (Mashine)